- Economic Development Achievement Award: (Nominee should comply with required criteria, as applicable.) Specific to this award: A visionary individual, business or organization that has had a significant impact on strengthening the City’s economy. Consideration may include expanding and/or diversifying the workforce; helping to make Portland a great place to live, work and locate a business; improvements to health and environmental sustainability; other contributions.
- Business of the Year
- Small Business of the Year
- Business/Non-Profit located in Portland
- High quality of product(s) or service(s)
- Considered a great place to work, that is, treats its employees well
- A good community partner
- Unique approach in one or more aspects of the business/organization
- Excellent customer service
- Workforce diversity, that is, race, gender, culture, sexuality, ability (those with disabilities)
- Markets and promotes Portland
- Exports products or services outside Maine and/or the United States
- Environmental sustainability (e.g., reduced carbon footprint, sustainable energy management)
Nominations (3 page form) are accepted from organizations, businesses and the public. The PDC Board and Economic Development staff will also provide nominees. Once all nominations are received no later than 3:00 pm on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, a PDC Awards Committee will review them and provide its recommendations to the full PDC Board for its review and approval.